Congratulations! You’ve found your dream bridal gown, but buying a wedding dress is just the beginning, as usually the gown of your dreams needs a few alterations to perfectly suit your body and style.
That’s where Nadia Lef- Dressmaking & Alteration Shop and Wedding Dress Alterations come in!
Book an appointment and visit our store in Toronto today!
Whether your wedding dress needs just simple hemming, a bustle added, or a whole remodelling, we are here and we will make sure it’s perfectly fitted, super comfortable, and wedding-ready. Do not hesitate to contact us whether you’ve questions about our bridal gown services in Toronto.
The standard flow of wedding dress fittings is as follows:
The first fitting usually takes place a few weeks before the wedding day. It should take about an hour and is the perfect opportunity to add special details, personalize your dress or remodel it.
Our bridal alteration specialist will check the bridal gown from all angles, look for places where your dress needs to be taken in, let out, shortened, lengthened or altered in another way, to fit in the bride’s unique figure and will pin it in order to give you a sense of how your dress will fit and how the alterations will look.
C W- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I had to have a dress altered for a wedding I’m attending, the dress turned out beautiful and exactly how I wanted it to be. I will definitely be coming back for anything I need to be made or altered!♡
The golden rule of Wedding Dress Alterations
When you come into your initial fitting appointment, there are several things you should bring with you. The bridal shoes are essential in properly marking the hem, hair accessories, jewelry and undergarments you plan to wear (bra, slip, shapewear) on your wedding day, can greatly impact the fit of your gown and will help you to have a better idea of how everything looks together.
Our Tailor will do everything to make sure your gown fits perfectly, but you should also take a close look at the fit and how the fabric falls and if something doesn’t feel right, speak up. Be direct about how you envision your bridal gown looking and feeling, and if there are any significant changes you want to make, such as adding illusion lace sleeves or altering the neckline. Also, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
The second bridal fitting
It will take place about 3-4 weeks before your wedding. You should bring again all undergarments, shoes, jewelry and any accessories you plan to wear for your wedding.
On the second fitting appointment, we will make sure that we addressed all the concerns from the first fitting. We will check that you can move around comfortably and that there’s no obvious wrinkling, bunching or pulling of material and we will pin any final adjustments to the bodice area. Finally, we will find the proper hem length where your hem skims the tops of the shoes you plan to wear with your gown.
On the last fitting, you will try your bridal gown on to make sure you’re 100% happy. If there aren’t any wrinkled or adjustments needed, you will take your wedding dress home!
Sandra M.- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
…Professional, highly skilled, pleasant, warm and friendly, responsive, upbeat and just an all-around pleasure to deal with. Don’t waste your time elsewhere.
Our Bridal Alteration services include:
- Shortening the hem is the most common alterations and we do it to almost every customer that comes to visit us. The wedding dress hem is usually extra-long so it will also fit the taller customers.
- Taking in/out on the hips and waist, as everybody is unique so it is almost impossible to find a wedding dress that would fit everyone. Take the dress in or out on the side seams is another common alteration in order to achieve the perfect silhouette.
- Taking in around the chest, so that the neckline won’t make a gutter when you look down.
- Shortening the straps to fit a wide range of brides.
- Adding a waist to stay inside your bridal gown and fits snug on your waist.
- Altering the neckline is a common alteration that can make a big impact, as you can request to have your neckline opened or closed.
- Altering the back is the alteration that our Tailor can make the difference. It requires a fashion designing experience and eye to make a plan for the back of the bride. This is a bit more expensive alteration.
- Altering the closure is another common alteration that we can provide you. Just ask our Tailor what is possible!
- Adding sleeves or doing other special wedding dress alterations is when you just can’t find the perfect wedding dress. Our bridal alteration specialist will transform your wedding dress to achieve the perfect fit and suit your individual preferences!
Wedding dress alterations prices?
We can only tell how much work will need to be done when we see the bridal gown.
Our Tailor will help you decide which alterations will work best without compromising the style of your dress. Pricing varies based on how much work needs to be done and the complexity of the wedding dress alterations. Bridal Gowns are constructed differently from one Gown to another, and some fabrics are harder to work with.
Book an appointment online with our 24/7 Scheduler.
Alternatively, you can use the following contact form.
Our Customer Service team is always ready to help!
In Addition to our Bridal Gown Alteration we offer:
For more information about Wedding Dress Alterations and Fittings check here.