ᐅ Biggest Mistakes Brides Make When Choosing a Wedding Dress
There are a few big mistakes brides make when choosing their wedding dress. Here are the most common ones.
Finding the perfect wedding dress is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a bride-to-be. But with so many styles and options to choose from, it can be easy to make a mistake.
Mistakes To Avoid
1) Choosing a wedding dress without any help from mom, grandma, and other family members. Deciding on the dress is a huge responsibility for the bride. Even if you have been dreaming about it since childhood, the first thing to do is ask for help from your loved ones!
2) Find a bridal seamstress you can trust. When you start looking for a wedding dress alteration seamstress, it is important to consider your options and find the one that you can be absolutely sure the job will be done well. However, this also means you’ll likely be paying a bit more for the alterations than if you were to go with a less specialized professional.
4) Choosing the dress that doesn’t fit your personality. Save yourself from possible headaches and stress; start with choosing the color of your wedding gowns, such as white, ivory, or beige. Then go for the shape of the dress (A-line, mermaid – one of my favorites because it hugs curves at the waist creating lovely shape when dancing), sleeves (short, cap…romantic looking off-shoulder is a big trend! Just make sure it fits your body type), fabric (stretchy satin is perfect for every bride who got engaged in middle age or after having kids).
5) Choosing a tiered wedding dress. You know how many brides complain that they get tired of tripping on the dress all night.
6) Forgetting about wedding shoes and accessories. I would recommend choosing neutral-colored heels. And if you want to add some more color try using some beautiful colored shoe clips, they look beautiful and won’t break your budget!
7) Taking too long trying on dresses at the store/designers showroom. If it doesn’t fit in the first twenty minutes you should avoid buying this dress! This is more true for the style that makes you feel uncomfortable or doesn’t like it.
8) Choosing the wrong size for your dress. It is important to take into consideration that you may want to lose weight within the next few months after the engagement, but buying a wedding dress that needs to be taken in many sizes is complex and may need extensive remodeling. On the other hand, letting out the dress by more than a few inches is not always possible.
9) Doing something extreme with your hair before the wedding. Not all brides are able to pull off some crazy hairstyle, so go for simpler ones.